Grow Dat Youth Farm is excited to announce the launch of Growing the Green 2013 – our annual alternative gift campaign.
Support our work by giving the gift of quality youth employment and fresh produce to those in need. Select giving levels for everyone on your list this season (see gift options list). You will be mailed corresponding “Thanks for Giving” cards that you can share with your loved ones. The perfect gift for everyone on your list. Give now
Meaningful gifts for everyone on your list!
Sometimes people need a place where they can be the person that they would be without their peers, or what society says they are supposed to be. People need a place where they can go and clear their mind from all the challenges of the world and figure out who they really are. That’s what Grow Dat is.
-Youth Crew Member, 2013
More about Grow Dat: all youth interns go through a rigorous interview and application process, and are paid during their tenure at the organization. Since 2011, Grow Dat has graduated 56 youth from the intensive leadership program, has engaged over 6,000 children and adults in farm education through volunteer activities and field trips, and has harvested over 20,000 pounds of sustainably grown produce for New Orleans. 60% of this produce is sold at local farmers’ markets or served at some of the city’s top restaurants, and 40% is donated to those in need through our “Shared Harvest” initiative.
Gift Options for “Thanks for Giving” cards:
Sample Thanks for Giving card
- $5.00 two pounds of Shared Harvest produce for NOLA families in need
- $25.00 ten pounds of Shared Harvest produce for NOLA families in need
- $55.00 youth crew member’s weekly stipend in the spring program
- $100.00 forty pounds of Shared Harvest produce for NOLA families in need
- $210.00 youth crew member’s weekly stipend in the intensive summer program
- $1,660.00 youth crew member’s weekly salary for the entire 5-month leadership program
To donate and order cards, visit our online fundraising center
We are deeply grateful for your generosity and commitment to our work!
Give the gift of quality youth employment or shared harvest for the holidays!